Using an RTOS has almost become a necessity when developing a real-time embedded system. The problem is that many developers are just starting to use an RTOS and are not familiar with the methodologies and techniques necessary to quickly and efficiently debug their RTOS based application code. In this webinar, attendees will become familiar with the latest and greatest techniques and tools necessary to debug their code. Important concepts such as properly sizing thread stacks, using event viewers and discovering issues such as priority inversions, deadlock and thread starvation will be examined.
The webinar will provide hands-on demonstrations using the NXP's K64 Freedom Board which uses as ARM Cortex-M4 processor with the Keil MDK toolchain, RTX5 RTOS and Percepio’s Tracealyzer.
Topics Covered in this Webinar include
• Performing a worst-case stack analysis during run-time
• Setting up an event recorder and monitoring system events
• Understanding Data Watchpoint and Trace (DWT)
• Methods for enabling system trace (RTT, TCP/IP, USB)
• Exploring ITM and ETM capabilities
• Example techniques for detecting stack overflow, priority inversion and other common RTOS issues.
• Best practices for using an RTOS in an embedded system
• Tracing program execution using Tracealyzer
• Recommendations for going further
Please register here online for the webinar on 11 Mai 2017.